Tuesday 28 May 2013

Teach A Man To Fish

By Steve Hyde, Stoke's most left wing man.

I've just returned from a trip to Africa, the source of life, where me and some friends went on safari, but we made time to see some of the paupers there too. I tried throwing some coins on the floor for them, they picked them up but had little awareness of what they were and threw them at each other like common pigmies. I tried to teach them to fish by showing them a video on my iPhone of someone fishing, and I could tell they were interested. When they get the river and lake I promised that the West will provide for them in the future they will have a knowledge of fishing that will stand them in good stead.

I see that Channel 4 is exploiting poor people "oop north" again for the benefit of their ratings in the TV show 'Skint'. I made a very similar short film for university, set in Stoke, called 'Skank'. Funny how Channel 4 rejected that when I showed it to them but have then made a very similar series just 13 years later?

Rapper Chris Brown may be going back to prison for violating the terms of his probation. Would he be treated better if he was Chris White? Fight the power, brotha!

No comments:

Post a Comment