Saturday 25 February 2012

Guten Tag, Ich Heiβe "Tony Pulis Germany"

If you walked around the German city of Mannheim today, you might be mistaken for thinking you'd just seen Stoke City manager Tony Pulis!

Tony Pulis

Of course, it's not the real Tony Pulis, but lookalike Gunther Kuntz. Gunther has been working as a Tony Pulis lookalike for the past three years after having been spotted on holiday in Marbella by local lookalike agency owner Dave Skegness.

"When I first saw him, I thought, 'Fuck me, if it isn't Tony fuckin' Pulis,'" said Dave. "I'm a Vale man myself, 'Go Scamps!', so I thought I'd go over and give it some. Anyway, after shouting abuse at him for about three minutes, I realised he was a German bloke and not Tony Pulis. So I gave hime some more abuse for being a Kraut. Anyway, long story short, we ended up having a beer, shouting abuse at some Spaniards together, and I signed him up for my agency."

Gunther Kuntz
a.k.a. "Tony Pulis Germany"

"I didn't know Tony Pulis," says Gunther. "But when the offers of work started rolling in, I couldn't believe my luck. Because of the international popularity of the Premier League, I've been all over the world as Tony Pulis to places in Asia, Africa and of course, Stoke itself."

"A lot of the work is kiddies parties," says agent Dave. "The kids love Pulis. But we also cater for corporate gigs and advertising. Gunther goes under the name Tony Pulis Germany if you want to book him."

No comments:

Post a Comment