Saturday 16 November 2013

The Revolution Will Be Instagrammed

By Steve Hyde, who is more left wing than Matty Etherington

Seeing the devastation in the Philipines fills me with sadness as I went on holiday there once. If I'm being honest, I spent most of my time there taking cheap opiates in the company of the plentiful cheap hookers they have over there. I regret not seeing some of the more cultural parts of the country when I was there as most of them will have been destroyed now. I could have got some really great pics for my Instagram. It really makes you think.

Our Fascist prime minister David Cameron is over in Sri Lanka to talk to the government/dictatorship they have there. It reminds me of when I went there a few years ago, inspired by the rapping of MIA, to fight on the side of the Tamil rebels. Unfortunately, due to communication and translation errors, I ended up fighting with the government and helping to eradicate the rebels. I'm not embarrassed to say I got carried away at times and may have committed what would some may consider to be war crimes, but this just empowers me now when I campaign against war because I've seen it first hand. Knowledge is power, and I have the knowledge of what it's like to raze entire villages, clans and cultures to the ground, and this gives me the power to go on doing my work against war and oppression.

Power to the people!

No comments:

Post a Comment