Wednesday 20 November 2013

New Craze For Stoke Pensioners

"I do it for kicks. It's what keeps me going in my useless old age." So says bog average Stoke pensioner Kitty Divine as she stands on top of a bridge on the M6 – I won't tell you which one to preserve its anonymity – about to spit on cars passing below.

The practise of spitting on cars going under bridges has been around quite a while. Some believe it dates back to the Roman invasion of Britain while other historians claim it only dates back to the Twentieth Century. Nobody knows who is right.


"Some days, there's a big group of us," says Kitty. "A big group of pensioners on bridges on the M6 happily spitting on cars that go underneath. We set each other targets, like hitting a black car or a windscreen. There's quite a complicated scoring system. Getting an open convertible is the big score. It's a serious business. We often play for money. I've seen chumps lose their weekly pension in under an hour on ill advised bets."

Its not all serious though. "I've seen people's false teeth fall out as they try to spit," laughs Kitty. "It was fucking awesome."

No comments:

Post a Comment