Friday 12 April 2013

"Ding Dong, The Witch Is Dead!"

By Steve Hyde, a one man Stoke-based left wing think tank.

This is a dead Thatcher. This Thatcher is deceased. This Thatcher is no more! Of course, I'm referencing the fact that Maggie Thatcher has finally died! And the classic TV comedy show 'Faulty Towers' as well, cus I'm just the kind of guy who can link two seemingly unrelated things like that in such a clever and beautiful way. (Don't try and stop me, you won't be able to.)

I'm old enough to remember watching on TV protests against Thatcher, especially the Poll Tax riots, so I have first hand experience of the devastating effect Thatcher and her politics had on this country. My parents also got very rich during her time as PM while poor people only got poorer, so, again, I know all about how bad her policies and economic plans were.


I see also that anti-Thatcherites are making a push to get 'Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead' to the top of the hit parade. Normally, when I listen to 'Ding Dong', one of my favourite songs btw, tho in an ironic way obvs, I would think of 'Naked Gun 2½'. Now however, it's taken on a delicious new life of its own as the official anthem of Thatcher's demise! (If I'm being honest tho, my first thought when hearing the song is still of 'Naked Gun 2½'. Takes me a few seconds to remember why the song is currently being played.)

Oh, btw, I will not be attending a Thatcher death celebration party this weekend… I will be hosting one! At my penthouse in Hanford fyi, just in case I know you personally and you're in the area on Saturday night. If I don't know you personally, then don’t stop by, the bouncers will NOT let you in.

No comments:

Post a Comment